Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

Repainting Laminate Countertops

I am going to repaint my laminate countertops, hoping for a faux granite/marble look.  In my research I have seen that a primer and base coat are applied first, and then the accent colors to create the granite look.  However, my countertops are an off white and I would like to just use that as a base.  If I were to lightly sand them, could I just apply the accent colors and skip the primer/base coat steps?  Thanks so much for your help.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-07-15T15:57:12+0000  by bookkeeper12 bookkeeper12

You might want to take a look at RustOleums Countertop Transformation kit.

If you happen to live in an area that has a Menards, they regularly have sales on countertops and the prices are pretty darn cheap.

Posted 2013-07-15T17:22:04+0000  by Adam444

Hi bookkeeper12,

Rust-O-Leum makes an excellent product called Rust-O-Leum Countertop Transformations.

Rust-O-Leum Countertop Transformations is a 2 part epoxy type of finish; the primer/base coat is designed to create a strong bond between the existing counter top and the new finish coat.

This makes for a durable finish that gives you the look of stone for a fraction of the price.

Only an epoxy type of paint will give you long lasting results.

If paint your counter top with regular paint, it will not adhere to the surface well and will easily chip and scratch off.

Rust-O-Leum Countertop Transformations is available at your Local Home Depot Store or on Home Depot.com.

Mike,

Posted 2013-07-15T18:55:07+0000  by Mike_HD_OC

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+