Sign In to join the community | Help

Repair for giant paint chip

Though some unfortunate choices by me the paint on the wall in my apartment has a HUGE chip in it. What is the best way to repair this? I'm in an apartment so stripping and re-painting the entire wall isn't really an option. Is there a good way to patch this so it cosmetically looks OK?

Thanks for your help!

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-12-29T17:10:30+0000  by nickname000 nickname000
DAP 8 oz. DryDex Wall Repair Patch Kit
Greetings nickname000,

That looks like sizable gash in your wall! First thing I would do is remove, intact, that large chip at the bottom of gash and save it ...bring it to your local Home Depot, to get a sample size color match container of paint, at the paint desk.

While you at the paint desk ask the paint associate specialist to direct you the Dap wall repair kit that I have posted above. This kit has everything you need to repair that damaged wall. Follow the directions on packaging and you will have that spot repaired in no time at all! 

Once the patch is dry you can paint over the fix with the paint that you picked up, feather out the new paint so that the new paint blends with the old!

You can do it!!   Maureen
Posted 2016-12-29T18:29:11+0000  by Maureen_HD_BOS
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question