Sign In to join the community | Help
Electrical

Replace bulb on ceiling fan

How do you replace a bulb on a Hampton Bay Ramano 52 inch Ceiling Fan. I tried to turn the globe counter clockwise but it will not turn--although the mechanism above the globe will turn.  On the device above the globe, it actually has an arrow pointing counter clockwise for open and an arrow pointing clockwise for close.
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-01-16T20:03:26+0000  by BILLYOSCAR BILLYOSCAR

Hey BILLYOSCAR,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community.

I believe you were referring to the 52" Romano (not Ramano) Hampton Bay ceiling fan.

I found the owners manual for it, and how to successfully turn the glass counterclockwise to remove the globe. To view it, click here

From what I can see from it, it simply unscrews that way, since clockwise will lock the globe. You'll most likely need to slightly move it counterclockwise while also slightly lifting up the glass so it can be loosened.

When you do get access to the light bulbs for changing, consider using a dimmable, energy-efficient LED bulb so that you don't have to worry about doing this for many years in the future. 

Try this, and let us know if you have any further questions and update us on your progress.

Joseph

Posted 2016-01-16T20:26:23+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+