Sign In to join the community | Help
Install & Replace

Replace dishwasher with cabinet

I need more cabinet space, and would like to replace my dishwasher with a cabinet. I was wondering if I could buy a cabinet the same size as a dishwasher, and just slide it in, and fasten it in place?
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-04-17T22:41:39+0000  by JohnnyMilo JohnnyMilo

Good morning.  Welcome to the community.:smileyvery-happy:

A typical dishwasher space will be around 21-24 inches wide.  A single door cabinet (pre built) will be 18-21 inches wide.  If you find that the opening is significantly larger than what is available in a single door unit, then you might consider a double door cabinet.  They typically run from 22 inches on up.   Most cabinets will be the standard 24 inches deep and 34 3/4 inches tall. 

Kraftmaid-Base-Cabinet.JPG

Note: When removing the dishwasher – keep in mind that there will be plumbing behind and underneath that will have to be removed and sealed off.

When installing the new cabinet, attach the inside to the existing cabinets with screws to keep it secure.  If there is any gapping between the new cabinet and the existing ones, simply add some cabinet trim to the joining seams.

p_SCTC_221_04.jpg

Posted 2011-04-18T12:40:10+0000  by Kevin_HD_ATL
Thank you very much for the information. I will go to Home Depot and measure the cabinets they have available.
Posted 2011-04-18T22:54:36+0000  by JohnnyMilo

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+