Sign In to join the community | Help
Tools & Hardware

Replacement Batteries for Ridgid

How do I get Ridgid replacement batteries for my 24 volt Lithium-Ion system Using my lifetime replacement warrantee?  Blacksmith

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-04-16T04:08:45+0000  by Blacksmith Blacksmith

I work in HD tool rental and replace batterys and chargers on a weekly basis , along with handeling warranty repairs.

but I will say this , if you did not register the tools and/or have a reciept ,, ridgid will not honor your claim... it really has nothing with "home depot" it has to do with ridgid... I have to deal directly with ridgid to  get a customer the service he expects.

why someone wants to sue home depot over  a battery swap issue is a sign of ignorance.

also as far as I'm aware you do not have to send in your reciept , you simply have to  type or mail information off of the reciept. or send a copy

Posted 2013-02-15T19:08:48+0000  by stymye

Hey there Stymye,

It's great to see a fellow associate here on the community. Welcome.

Thanks for mentioning that the warranty can be honored through the Tool Rental department. My store has a Tool Rental department also and they are very aware of the process of replacing the batteries and chargers. We get a couple a week.

The key is to make sure that all tools are registered with-in the 90 days after the purchase date. If they do that than its easy to replace the battery with one that we keep in stock.

Here are the basics from the Ridgid registration site.

Conditions of the RIDGID® Brand Lifetime Service Agreement

To accept the RIDGID® Brand Lifetime Service Agreement, you must register your qualifying RIDGID® Brand Hand Held Power Tool, Stationary Power Tool or Pneumatic Tool within 90 days after purchase. Register by logging on to www.ridgid.com, click on “Product Registration,” and choose the appropriate product category. Log into your personal account, if you do not have one, create an account. Then click ‘Register New Product’. Include all qualifying RIDGID brand product information: complete model and serial numbers for each serialized piece of equipment, including batteries and chargers. If you don’t have access to the internet, enclose a letter with the following information: First name, last name, e-mail, date of birth, phone number, address, city, state, zip code, model number from package, and the model/serial number of all qualifying serialized tool(s), battery(s), and charger(s) if applicable. Then mail the online confirmation print out or the hand written letter with your original receipt (making a photo-copy of your receipt to keep for your records is recommended) and the original UPC from the qualifying products package to: RIDGID® Hand Held and Stationary Power Tool Technical Service, PO Box 1427, Anderson, SC 29622 for processing and approval.
All registrations must be made under the name of an individual person. Within approximately 6-8 weeks after completion of the registration process and approval, you will receive confirmation via email or US mail that will include your Customer ID number and verification that the tool has been upgraded to Lifetime Service Agreement status. Keep track of this number as you will need it in order to obtain service for your product under the Lifetime Service Agreement. Note: Handwritten registrations may take longer

I hope this helps people understand how the lifetime warranty works.

I love Ridgid tools. My wood shop is full of Ridgid hand and stationary power tools. I’ve had no issues with any of my ridged tools. Knock on wood…I don’t want to jinx myself..

I look forward to learning from a fellow associate here on the community. Thanks for joining and helping out the community.

Posted 2013-02-15T20:56:04+0000  by Christine_HD_OC

Welcome to the community styme

That was a good call on the warranty :)

Posted 2013-02-19T16:03:25+0000  by Soheil_HD_BOS

Hi Stymye, hey welcome to the community and we're glad you joined. Nice to see a post about the RIDGID warranty. Stop back bye and share some of your knowledge with the rest of the community. 

Hope to see you soon.

Posted 2013-02-21T22:24:47+0000  by Ken_HD_OC

I too feel betrayed!

I LOVE my ridgid tools - very well made and they've taken a ton of abuse from me.  I bought them based on recommendations of friends and because of the fantastic warranty.

Recently my batteries started to fail (taking very little, to no charge at all) - charger lights indicate the batteries are fine, but no matter how long I charge them, they're just not working.

So I go to find out what I have to do to get them replaced under this wonderful warranty only to find out THEY NEVER RECIEVED MY RECEIPT!?!?!!

and I'M SUPPOSED TO FOLLOW UP!?!

what kind of horrible customer support is that?!?

and right on their site it states that updating (from receiving your receipt) could take 10-12 weeks... meaning even IF you remember to check up on them you're likely outside of the 90 days anyway!

I feel cheated and betrayed by a company that I strongly believed in and have been recommending to everyone who uses tools.

on a side note - before I started looking into this I took my battery to a home depot store - they told me I had to go to a service center after talking in circles with me for 45 minutes -- they never told me I could talk to someone in the tool rental department!

Now I have to decide if I want to buy another battery from this bait and switch company or if I should just buy some other brand.. 

Posted 2013-03-07T14:20:27+0000  by tsdico
I got my batteries replaced at the Tool Rental section of my Home Depot. I did have to print and bring in my conformation that I did register my tools with Ridgid from Ridgid website, which I did not mind doing at all. If you cannot follow the requirements included with the instruction upon purchasing is not either Ridgids or Home Depots fault but your own.
Posted 2013-04-25T02:53:54+0000  by carchie

Curtg,

I recently ran into this same situation.  I registered my Rigid tool purchase and mailed in all the paperwork but when I called in to find out what my LSA number is so that I could drop 40 miles to make my claim I was told that Rigid never received my receipt and that I wasn't covered.  I was angry to say the least.  I only bought Rigid tools because of the Lifetime Service Agreement.

Were you ever able to get yours covered and get your replacement batteries?  Was Home Depot able to help?

Thanks,

Dave

Posted 2013-06-10T01:10:52+0000  by daveidj

If i copy my recept and save the copy and Ridgid does not get my  ORIGINAL reciept will my copy be sufficent as proof? I have registerd tools before and not had a problem .

When I bring my two dead batteries in do i get 2 or is it only one at a time? 

I am just wondering because  i like both the Dealt and Rigidg 12 volt drills in LI Ion. The lifetime batteries are the deal pusher for me. 

Please let me know so I can start buying some Ridgid Cordless tools. 

Posted 2013-06-21T01:28:28+0000  by Joesf

I received a cordless drill for a fathers day gift about 4 years ago from my son, I have had 3 major back and neck operations while the drill sat and was rare to get used, I did not have the mind set to know about how and when I was

to register this product, now I find myself with a drill that is no longer working due to the batterys not taking a charge. I have been laid off after returning from my neck operation , I am now disablied due to mental proplems along with

many other health issues . It was my proplem as I did not know this was necessary and looked for the box but for a year

it was mia, I am a hoarder and just though I had thrown the box away , just three months ago I found the box, but no receipt and my son tried to get the receipt but could not, I cannot beleive that my son has had his batterys replaced 2 times and to his recall he just took it to the center near use , no questions asked and his batterys were replaced. I went to the center only to find out I need a code from ridgit to get the batterys replaced , I am upset due to the fact that this hammerdrill is no longer any good , I cannot afford  to buy these batteries and was hoping someone could help me out about this issue, The new drill that home depo is selling is not the same tool so her I sit with a 18volt drill that is no use to me ? any suggestions on how to rebuild these batteries and what kit to purchase or how to get home depot to lean the rules for special situations , this drill is almost in perfect shape , did not get used but a handfull of times , thank you  Tomass

Posted 2013-06-29T15:25:52+0000  by Tomass
Exactly right, the battery replacement warranty is a joke. No more than a ploy to bait the consumer into the purchase and then find a way to not honor the warranty. One of the batteries that came with my drill soon quit holding a charge. It was replaced without a problem. A few years later, both the other original and the replacement batteries will no longer hold a charge. When trying to replace them now, "there is no record of product registration" even though one battery had previously been replaced. Obviously, I don't have the paperwork confirming registration at the time of purpose. Ridgid should just own up to the warranty offer but part of the offering is to find a way to somehow avoid the replacement. HD should also hold Ridgid to a higher standard. Unfortunately, I've purchased my last Ridgid product.
Posted 2013-07-03T16:03:52+0000  by bb835
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+