Sign In to join the community | Help
Electrical

Replacement pull chain for Hampton Bay ceiling fan

My son jumped up and yanked the pull chain right out of our Hamton Bay ceiling fan. It was the fan blade speed control chain (not the light pull chain).  Do you sell a replacement part for that?  

The UPC code for my model is:  792145356707
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-04-21T00:26:22+0000  by JasonCotton JasonCotton

Hello JasonCotton and welcome to the Community.

I would like to direct you to a Hampton Bay ceiling fan help line.

Be prepared with the model and serial number before you call, so they can best assist you.  These numbers can usually be found on the underside of the motor.

Thank You for your inquiry.

Charlotte

Posted 2016-04-21T12:56:20+0000  by Char_HD_CHI
Yes JasonCotton,

Three speed fan switch is the part you seek and it is available at your local store in the fan repair section of the Electrical Department.

The light kit, blades, and lower motor shroud must come off to remove the old switch and add the new.

The brass retaining nut unscrews and the old switch pulls inward to release from the motor housing.

The color-coded electrical wires on the new switch wing nut into the same configuration as the original switch.

Then the pull chain and switch-base slide through the opening and are attached with the brass retaining nut.

Reassemble the housing, blades, and light kit and you're done.

On a 1-to-10 difficulty scale where 10 is most difficult, this repair is a 3 ... only because you have to remove several parts to access the switch.

Ask your Electrical Associate for assistance locating the three speed switch ... or use The Home Depot app which has a locator function to assist you (Android app also available).

NOTE:
The three speed fan switch is not interchangeable with the On/Off pull-chain light switch.

Hope this helps,

Pat InPaint

Posted 2016-04-21T14:32:22+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+