Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

Replacement pull-chain switch for Hampton Bay Huntington III?

I need to replace the pull-chain light switch on one of our Hampton Bay Huntington III ceiling fans.  Everything else works fine.

What replacement part does HOME DEPOT recommend?

Any special issues I should know about?

Thanks!

David

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-12-11T22:28:17+0000  by dlveres dlveres

First which color is your chain? They sell a brass and silver pull switch. In the fan area where the replacement parts you can find switches.  for reference

Store SKU # 540625.  turn off power to circuit, take off bulbs and lamps for safety, take three screws off from the sides of bottom housing and the bottom cover should come down.  you will see the switch with two wires and it does not matter which wire you connect to the new switch.  disconnect the two wires and you can now remove the switch from the plate with pliers by removing the nut on the outside of the plate.  replace the old switch with the new one, tighten the nut and reconnect the wires by first twisting the bare wires together then screwing the wire nuts on.  make sure there are no exposed wires that can come in contact with metal or use electrical tape to cover the nuts and wires.  replace the cover and screws and bulb then turn on power.  done... should take about 5 min or less

Posted 2012-12-12T05:04:55+0000  by mesoskippy

It's a brass pull chain.  Thanks!

David

Posted 2012-12-12T13:23:47+0000  by dlveres

Hi, Diveres!

Thanks for reaching out. We should still have the pull chain switch part stocked for this item.

However, since this the Huntington has been made for many years & has several versions, our Hampton Bay  team can help would need the 12 digit UPC (looks like 123456-123456), found on the sticker on the top of the motor housing (also on receipt & barcode on box). I've attached a picture of the sticker the UPC/SKU is on so you can find it easily.

Please give our Hampton Bay team a call after you locate this information, they will assist you to resolution.

Hampton Bay Customer Service: 877-527-0313

Thanks so much!

- Nicki

Posted 2012-12-12T14:27:17+0000  by THDCustomerCare

Thanks, Nikki.

Box and receipt are long gone.  Have the manual, though.   The UPC atop the fan housing is "082392 247546 (Ant. Br.)".

David

Posted 2012-12-12T16:06:28+0000  by dlveres

Diveres,

That is actually perfect! The UPC is precisely the information we need. :smileywink:

Here is the phone number for the parts department & tech support for this model: 800-330-3267. Just give them a call with that UPC, explain your issue, and if parts are available (which they almost always are), they can sell you the part & advise you how to replace it yourself. :)

Please let me know if you have any questions! Happy weekend!

- Nicki

Posted 2012-12-14T15:15:23+0000  by THDCustomerCare

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+