Sign In to join the community | Help
Install & Replace

Replacing Pull chain fan switch on ceiling fan

In the process of replacing the pull chain fan switch on my ceiling fan, I made the big mistake of forgetting to note where each colored wire went on the old switch. I have the serial number or UPC code, SKU # what ever number you need to help me with this. I have only 2 colors of wires and that is black and red. 1 black wire coming from the top and the other 2 are black and the other red and those 2 are coming from the i believe its the capacitor. Can you please help figure where exactly these wires go on the fan switch? L, 1, 2, 3. Thank you. The following information i retrieved from the base of the motor. SKU 357-616, model HUN52Q-WH-3LC1, UPC #043263-129135, serial #SB4264245. 
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2018-07-09T03:28:40+0000  by Mattcrow Mattcrow

Hey Mattcrow,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community.

Unfortunately, since you forgot to note where the wires went from the old switch, the only true way to find out what goes to what is contacting the manufacturer of your fan (which appears to be Hunter), and/or simple trial and error to put it in the right configuration of wiring.

You can contact Hunter directly at 1.888.830.1326 to ensure you can get the right troubleshooting, if it is indeed that brand. 

Let us know if you have any additional questions,

Joseph

Posted 2018-07-09T19:08:41+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+