Sign In to join the community | Help
Install & Replace

Replacing a kitchen sink sprayer

Help!  My kitchen sink sprayer broke, and I have no idea how to replace it.  The plastic sprayer does not unscrew from the hose - does this mean I have to buy a new sprayer with the hose attached?  How is this done?  Thanks for any and all assistance!

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-01-30T16:44:18+0000  by Roberta Roberta

The new sprayer will come with the new hose, it is a fairly simply plug in under the sink at the supply lines. Take a flash light and familiarize your self before you go to the Hardware store. Good luck.

Posted 2011-01-30T17:51:46+0000  by thomasQ

Hi Roberta, and welcome to the community.


   You may not need to replace the whole sprayer and hose. Check at the base of the nozzle where it meets the hose and see if there is a plastic piece that has ridges in it. This can be loosened up and the sprayer can be removed. 

spray hose.jpg


   Twist the connector to the left, unscrewing to remove. You may need to get a couple pairs of pliers to grip these two parts. Once loosened, gently pull and twist the sprayer out of the hose. You then can get a new sprayer and replace it onto the existing hose assembly following the manufacturers instructions.


   Removing the whole assembly is a little more complex, so please check and see if it is possible to remove the sprayer in this manner and let me know if it is all one solid unit.


Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Posted 2011-01-30T17:52:38+0000  by Kevin_HD_ATL
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question