Sign In to join the community | Help
Doors & Windows

Replacing garage door opener remote receiver; fixing torsion springs

Hey How-To Peeps.

Here's a question about a garage door opener. It's from Raymond, who was reading a Home Depot blog post about How to Choose the Right Garage Door Opener.

1. My door opener is an old model, made in 1989, but still in good shape. However, the receiver is gone. Can I just purchase the latest receiver model to replace it?

2. The door torsion srpings also broke. Do yolu have service to replace them?

What's the word for Raymond?

Thanks.

Craig

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-03-19T14:19:05+0000  by HomeDepotCraig HomeDepotCraig

Hello Craig.

Unlike ceiling fans, a remote receiver for a garage door opener is an integral part of the power head assembly.  I have to assume that we are talking about a wireless remote transmitter that can easily be lost.  For this we do carry a universal product called the Chamberlain Clicker.  Look at the chart below and compare it with the opener you have:

Clicker.png

I am sure that you will have a dip-switch based power head given its age.

The instructions that come with the remote will allow you to easily match up the new remote control to your existing opener.

As far as repairing the torsion spring, we may also be able to help.

Home Depot will have installers perform repairs on garage doors that have been originally installed by The Home Depot.

Is this what you are looking for?

Chris.

Posted 2013-03-19T16:05:19+0000  by Chris_HD_CHI
Everytime i only want to use this search engine because of its privacy policy. With this homepage i would like to share this mozilla firefox download free which allows you to get the latest advantages of internet surfing. Thank you so much to this info.
Posted 2018-11-22T11:16:02+0000  by Rashwin

Broken smile, tired eyes. I can feel your longing heart
Call my name, 
basketball games from afar. I will bring a smile back !

Posted 2019-01-07T02:33:12+0000  by famitofu

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+