Sign In to join the community | Help
Install & Replace

Replacing my kitchen sprayer

Good morning home depot crew,

i know u guys can help me with this one.  I almost post I am new to this home improvement  stuff and was wondering if this job was easy for me to do.  my kitchen sprayer is leaking and received a replacement one.  Can u tell me what type of wrench or tools I need to use or is this a job for the plumber.



home depot rocks 


Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-02-16T13:53:04+0000  by jax016 jax016

Welcome, not all of us are home depot crew :) To get to it; it will depend on what brand you faucet you have, most newer ones (within the last 3 years or so) don’t require any tools, they use plastic couplings that have o-rings and have a retaining clip.  For this it’s a simple push the two side of the clip in, clip will pop out and pull off stem from faucet.  For older style that have a brass nut connecting the hose from the sprayer to the faucet you would be best to use 2 open end wrench if you have the size or you can use 2 small crescent  wrenches, one to hold copper stem coming from faucet, careful not to twist the copper line if it has one and loosen the brass nut with the other wrench.  Once you look at it you will see how simple it is.  It can be a little tight under the sink but it can be done.  Hope this helps.  Don’t over tighten the brass nut if yours has one, they can split.


Posted 2013-02-16T17:06:15+0000  by jwatkins82

Very good reply jwatkins82!


Here is a visual that might help:


Posted 2013-02-17T16:36:17+0000  by Kevin_HD_ATL
Thank you Home Depot. I have not tried to replace yet because I need to know what size adjustable wrench is best to get?
Posted 2013-03-16T20:10:01+0000  by jax016
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question