Sign In to join the community | Help
Install & Replace

Replacing/fixing pull chains for Hampton Bay fan

The fan chain doesn't click when you pull on it.  The light chain broke off.  I know that I will need to shut off power to the room and there's a certain switch that needs to be replaced, but I don't know about the chains themselves.IMG_0591.JPG

IMG_0592.JPG

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-09-26T16:49:27+0000  by jugghayd jugghayd

Hello jugghayd and thank you for joining The Community.  We are glad that you are here.

Thank you for including such great photos in your post!

Our Hampton Bay team can help you diagnose the pull chain problems and get your ceiling fan working properly again.  They are here to help from start to finish - call them at 1-877-527-0313 and select option 2.

They will first ask you for the UPC or SKU of the ceiling fan to properly identify the model and manufacturer.  You may be able to find the UPC from the sales receipt or retrieve the SKU from the side of the box.  You can locate the 12 digit UPC code (all numbers – no letters) found on the sticker on top of the motor housing. 

If you cannot retrieve the code from the top of the motor housing, then you can send these photos to help identify your ceiling fan. (The HamptonBay team will give you the correct e-mailing address.)

The Hampton Bay team can help with your switch replacement and also get the Use and Care Manual and Installation/ Assembly Instructions for your ceiling fan.  Be sure to write the UPC and SKU numbers as well as the model name and numbers in your manual for future reference. 

Best wishes with your project.

DW Deco.png

Posted 2012-09-27T14:47:38+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+