Sign In to join the community | Help
Install & Replace

Rerounting A/C Drain Line

I bought my 47 year-old home about two years ago and discovered that it has some less than desirable plumbing. I am now in the process of adding a vent to the washer and need to reroute my A/C drain line because it exits the closet in the hallway which houses the air handler and goes to an exposed and open black pipe located between the dryer and wall in the same hallway. The pipe leads directly to my main drain and I want to cut it down a little and cap it. The nearest bathroom sink is too far and I have thought about routing it to the wahser's new drain tail pipe that I am going to install with the new vent. Is there a better idea? How would I do this?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-03-25T04:31:44+0000  by bondsman bondsman

Hello Bondsman, welcome to our community!

In response to the issue with the A/C drain line, is the current drain line gravity , or does it get pumped out? If the drain line is emptying via gravity, then you might want to consider a Condensate Removal Pump. This will allow you to keep the pump attached to the A/C unit, then when the water inside reaches a certain level, then it trips the pump, and the water exits PVC tubing to the nearest drain, either a floor drain, laundry tub, or to your new washer's drain tail pipe. 

Hopefully this helps, if not please let us know if we can be of any further help.

Condensate Removal Pump.jpg

http://bit.ly/fjjtPM

Posted 2011-03-25T16:10:58+0000  by Angelo_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+