Sign In to join the community | Help
Tools & Hardware

Ridgid Lifetime Warranty on 12v Cordless Drill

How do you get the batteries covered under the Lifetime Warranty.

I bought the drill kit from Home Depot in 2005. Yes a long time ago. Only used it around the house and it looks like new. However, both batteries are dead and will not charge at all. When I bought the drill I filled out the Lifetime Warranty Card and attached the original receipt and UPC code as required. I received an email confirmation that listed all the items in the combo kit and a registration number.

I called Ridgid and they looked it up and stated they found my account but I never sent in the receipt.

I advised that I had email proof they received the registration. They wanted a copy which I sent. Now, they claim this must be something else and not when a Lifetime Warranty Registration. I explained that I sent one registration in with the original receipt, Lifetime Registration Card, and UPC code. Ridgid sent me back a list of all the items in the drill kit and set me up a email box and thanked me for registering and my purchase.

I don't care about the $40 battery. It just makes me mad that they treat customers like this. Ridgid knows I bought the tool from Home Depot and I even sent them a picture of the combo kit. They know they had the receipt and the Lifetime Registration form or they wouldn't know what I bought. My customer number is 000768856 if it matters.

Anyone else had this problem, Thanks.
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2018-09-06T17:12:31+0000  by Terry0327 Terry0327
Hi Adam444,

I think you are correct, those  Aussies are tough customers. As I mentioned the term 'Lifetime' is defined in the warranty statement supplied with the tool to mean the life of the tool. The warranty is from TTI not Home Depot, and the signing has a reference to review the full warranty statement. 

Interesting that the 6 and 3 on the AGE tools reflects our experience with Ridgid tools.

By Comparison Dewalt offers a 3 year warranty on their tools and batteries and they are considered one of the best.
So as I stated most manufacturers expect their cordless tools to last 3-6 years on average.

Mike
Posted 2018-09-13T22:35:31+0000  by Mike_HD_OC
Hi Adam444,

I think you are correct, those  Aussies are tough customers. As I mentioned the term 'Lifetime' is defined in the warranty statement supplied with the tool to mean the life of the tool. The warranty is from TTI not Home Depot, and the signing has a reference to review the full warranty statement. 

Interesting that the 6 and 3 on the AGE tools reflects our experience with Ridgid tools.

By Comparison Dewalt offers a 3 year warranty on their tools and batteries and they are considered one of the best.
So as I stated most manufacturers expect their cordless tools to last 3-6 years on average.

Mike
Posted 2018-09-13T22:38:55+0000  by Mike_HD_OC
Hi Adam444,

Mike
Posted 2018-09-13T22:39:54+0000  by Mike_HD_OC
Hi Adam444,

Mike
Posted 2018-09-13T22:40:42+0000  by Mike_HD_OC
Hi Adam444,

Mike
Posted 2018-09-13T22:41:06+0000  by Mike_HD_OC
Hi Adam444,

As I mentioned the term 'Lifetime' is defined in the warranty statement supplied with the tool to mean the life of the tool. The warranty is from TTI not Home Depot, and the signing has a reference to review the full warranty statement. 

Mike
Posted 2018-09-13T22:41:52+0000  by Mike_HD_OC
Hi Adam444,

As I mentioned the term 'Lifetime' is defined in the warranty statement supplied with the tool to mean the life of the tool. The warranty is from TTI not Home Depot, and the signing has a reference to review the full warranty statement. 

Mike
Posted 2018-09-13T22:43:57+0000  by Mike_HD_OC
Hi Adam444,

Mike

Posted 2018-09-13T22:44:27+0000  by Mike_HD_OC
Mike, except Ridgid didn't say the records don't exist. They found my registration and said they didn't receive my receipt. I sent them my email conformation and they stated this registration must be for something else. The email from Ridgid listed every piece of my equipment including the batteries. Then they stated if you have a certified receipt the sales receipt was received they would look into it further. I stated I do, its your email with my registration number. Very unethical business practice.
Posted 2018-09-15T17:48:02+0000  by Terry0327
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+