Sign In to join the community | Help
Tools & Hardware

Ridgid Wet/Dry Vac WD1450

I’ve been needing a new shop vac for a while now to replace an old 10 gallon ShopVac brand one.  I liked my old vac, especially it’s relatively compact size, but always thought it could use a bit more power.  It was fine with use with tools and cleaning up saw dust but when came to spring garage cleaning, it didn’t do so well with leaves.

After talking myself out of the uber expensive vacs from Festool, Fein, Bosch and Metabo I still really wanted one around 10 gallons but with a bit more power.  Turns out, that a bit more power seems to only comes attached to a bigger tank.

I first considered ShopVac but they make so many vacs that are essentially identical, just made for different chains in different colors they make sifting through the choices a chore.  Last week I run into a contractor using the Ridgid and the first thing I notice was how [relatively] quiet it was.  Long story short, we chatted a bit and I drove over to Home Depot and picked up the WD1450.

At about $100 it’s certainly reasonably priced, 20’ cord, and has a lifetime warranty.  I bring it home and after very carefully opening the box, I check to make sure it will accept my old Porter-Cable hose that fits many of my power tools with dust collection.  Yup!  After that I started cleaning and garage, leaves and all, and I have to say I’m pretty impressed.

It’s still a little physically larger than I would like but at least it has sensible onboard tool storage.  I think it’s gonna be a keeper!
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2018-08-10T22:59:18+0000  by Adam444 Adam444

Topic
Categories+