Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

Answered

Rust-Oleum Countertop Transformations Kit

We bought the Rust-Oleum Countertop Transformations Kit and had our contractor to do the job. It is completed now but has bumped surface with raised decorative color chips. Our contractor then said it was the first time he had ever used it and so he did not know what to expect. Perhaps he did not sand it enough? What can we do now? Can we sand it down again and place another top coat? Can we buy just the top coat? We tried to call the corporation's product support line but it was either a wrong number or said no one was able to answer the call and then cut off. Please help if you have some idea. Thank you!

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-12-31T18:03:15+0000  by Charlotte84 Charlotte84

Welcome to our community Charlotte84, 

My name is Christine and I work in the paint department at The Home Depot. 

It sounds like your contractor didn't sand enough before applying the top coat. At this point you will want to sand off the top coat and until it is smooth. Unfortunately, we don't sell the top coat separately. 

I just gave Rust-Oleum a call and they are not in today because of the holiday. Here is the number that I called: 1-888-577-8459. Once they are back in the office, they should be able to send you another can of top coat. To be honest, I haven't asked them about sending the top coat for this kit. I know they do it for the cabinet transformation kit so they probably will for the countertop kit as well.  

Please let us know if you have anymore questions or concerns.

Christine     

Best Answer

Posted 2012-12-31T19:45:35+0000  by Christine_HD_ATL

Thank you Christine! It is very helpful!

For people who face similar situations.. I called Rust-Oleum at 1-888-577-8459 as Christine suggested and they suggested sand the surface down with 60-grit sandpaper and recoat with Product # 264104 from Home Depot. The prodct is not in stock and so you would need to request Home Depot to order it for you. Hope it helps.

Posted 2013-01-02T15:50:40+0000  by Charlotte84

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+