Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

RustOleum Cabinet transformation

I recently purchased the RustOleum cabinet transformation to transform my laminate kitchen table. However the color I chose which is "Chocolate" is too dark for my table. I really needed "Rustic" to match my chairs. What is the possibility of the paint counter re-tinting what I have left of my bond coat? Also I was experimenting with the glaze coat knowing I had to repaint my table and when wiping the glaze with my cloths I found that it took the bond coat right off! All that work and it took off my paint anyway, what went wrong?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-01-15T04:03:39+0000  by jeliz1023 jeliz1023

jeliz,

Unfortunately, your original color is at the limitsof the tint which may be added, according to RustOleum. Addition of further tint could corrupt the integrity of the product.

As to why your base coat wiping off: Did you followed the instructions for cleaning and abraiding with the Doglosser and the 3M scrubby pad?

Did you wait the recommended dry time of 2 to 3 hours under warm, non-humid conditions before testing the glaze?This time of year, most garages are too cool and damp for working with most paint products.

If these steps were followed, you should not have been experiencing difficulties.

Hope this has helped.

Posted 2013-01-18T16:52:16+0000  by ordjen

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+