Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

Rustoleum Cabinet Transformation

Hi All

I am thinking of trying this prodyct on my cabinets and I need your feedback....Was it easy/hard...how lond did it take to complete the process...and most of all  did your cabinets look good...Thanks...Have a great day

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-01-13T12:13:21+0000  by pacer45 pacer45

Hey there pacer45,

Thanks for joining us on the community!~

Great to hear you're interested in the Rust-Oleum Cabinet Transformations product! It's been a pretty popular product since we introduced it not too long ago, and we had a buzz going on the forums about it for quite awhile actually.

If you haven't already checked it out; we have a topic, Rust-Oleum Cabinet Transformations, in which other users like yourself chimed in to give feedback and ask questions on the product.

There are many more topics on the product floating about on our community, all which you can traverse through with our nifty search feature on the main page = )

ForumBorder.png

I myself have used it before when putting together the display unit for the workshop that we had in November, November- Cabinet Transformation and Restoration and I was impressed with how easy it went on. Mind you I was only working on one small base cabinet, but it was done from prep to finish just like you would your own kitchen. I would definitely recommend the glaze coat on top as well. I was skeptical about possibly ruining the great look I had going with just the base coat alone, but I'm glad I decided to try it out.

I know there are a number of other DIY'ers out here who have used the product as well though, so I'll differ you to them as they can hopefully add some more insight on how the product stands from a DIY aspect.

If you have any questions about the product though that you can't find answered in one of the other topics, feel free to reply back and either one of our staff here or your fellow peers can help answer it for you!~ = )

Posted 2012-01-13T14:07:28+0000  by Jay_HD_CHI

Got myself into a bit of a pickle...Hated my golden oak bathroom cabinets (solid frames but thin veneer as a panel in the middle).

Sanded down to the wood

Applied a darker stain (lots of grain)

Sealed 

Most of it looks quite nice.

Being over-enthousiastic however and wanting to get all the varnish off, I sanded down too far at the bottom edge of the door, about an inch wide.  It's mostly down to the particleboard or pressed wood the veneer was over.  It took the stain very dark in that areaDSCN1761.JPG

Can I:

What should I do to be able to use the Rustoleum product to correc this?

1) Use wood putty on that spot to make it even.?

2) Don't want much grain maybe not at all, so should I use Zinzer primer to hide it first or wood filler?

Thanks for the info.

Posted 2012-02-28T20:20:26+0000  by gigi55

Hello Gigi55! 

Welcome to our community! My name is Christine and I work in the paint department at The Home Depot in Atlanta. 

If you would like to use the Rust-Oleum Cabinet Transformation kit, it would work quite well for you! You would, however, need to fill in the area at the bottom that is uneven with a stainable wood filler before you begin. 

If you decide to paint it, again, using wood filler first is a must, then apply an oil- based primer. After that dries, you can use either a latex or oil based paint. 

If you have anymore questions or concerns, don't hesitate to ask! 

Christine :smileyhappy:

Posted 2012-02-29T14:51:31+0000  by Christine_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+