Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

Rustoleum Cabinet Transformations

I don't want to go with black, but espresso, kona and tudor are too light.  Can I bring in a color for color matching?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-12-31T04:02:22+0000  by danielaf22 danielaf22

Welcome to our community Danielaf22, 

My name is Christine and I work in the paint department at The Home Depot. 

Unfortunately, we are unable to do a color match for this kit, our color match system doesn't allow us to do this. So, the only colors we can make in this kit are the colors on the lid of the box. :smileysad:  

In thinking about your dilemma, I have something that may work for you. I have never tried this, but in talking with one of my co-workers, it can possibly be exactly what you are looking for.  

You can use a different glaze than the one that comes with the kit to make it darker. The glaze that the kit comes with makes it marginally darker. But, if you look near the cabinet transformation kit at the store, there should be a quart of glaze made by Rust-Oleum in the color 'Java Brown'. Here's what is looks like:

java brown.jpg

When we first got this product in, I opened to see if this was the same color as the one that comes with the kit. To my surprise, it is not, it is a few shades darker. Using this in lieu of the glaze that comes with the kit will make the color darker.

I hope this helps you out.

Let us know if we can help with anything else!

Christine :smileyhappy:

Posted 2012-12-31T15:20:05+0000  by Christine_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+