Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

Rustoleum Cabinet Transformations Question

I have this island, and I want to make my pine cabinets "match" this (I know, it won't be perfect but really close would be great).  The island isn't so much glazed as antiqued (just the edges on the drawers/cabinets and edge of beveling are defined).

I'm planning on using the Rustoleum Kitchen Cabinet Transformation product.

I have two questions:

(1) What color would you recommend?

(2) is it possible to use the glaze to just define the door edges and beveling for more of an antiqued or really lightly glazed look?

Thanks!

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-08-22T03:25:55+0000  by buttercups0147 buttercups0147

Welcome to our community Buttercup,

My name is Christine and I work in the paint department at The Home Depot in Atlanta. The Rust-Oleum Cabinet Transformation kit has gained quite a bit of popularity and I have heard many success stories. If you have any questions while you are working with this product, please let us know and we will be sure to get back to you. :smileyhappy:

I was looking at the colors online, and it looks like 'Pure White' is going to be the closest match to your island. Here is what it looks like: 

Pure White swatch

There won't be any issues with you only using the glaze around the edges. The glaze is yours to play with and make your own. The glaze doesn't have any other function than to accent the areas that you want on your piece. After the glaze is applied, there is a top coat, that ensures that your hard work is protected for a long time. 

Good luck with your project! 

Christine :smileyhappy:

Posted 2012-08-22T13:56:44+0000  by Christine_HD_ATL
Better practice on a flea market find first. Glazing techniques are very individual and you have to get a feel for it first before trying it on something that really matters to you.
Posted 2012-09-13T13:40:46+0000  by msrose

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+