Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

Rustoleum Countertop Transformation Kit

I am interested in using the Rustoleum countertop kit, but the front edge of our countertops are wood trim. Can I still use the kit and if so, how would I handle the wood trim? Also, do you just cover the caulking joint with the product that joins the back piece and the countertop?

Thanks!

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-04-09T14:04:05+0000  by mduncan mduncan

Welcome to our community mduncan!

My name is Christine and I work in the paint department at The Home Depot in Atlanta.

This product will adhere easily to wood and laminate surfaces. If you are able, taking off the trim would be the best way to paint it. That way you can paint it on a horizontal surface, which is always easier. :smileyhappy: If you cannot do that, make sure that you use painters tape and masking paper to cover the areas that you do not want to paint.

As for painting the caulk, it really depends on if the caulk is paintable. Many times people use silicone bases caulk in the kitchen, which is typically not paintable.

Have no fear, GE makes a silicone based caulk that is paintable. Here is a picture:

GE Silicone.jpg

Remember, the Rust-Oleum Countertop Transformation kit is only available through special order.

Let us know if we can help with anything else!

Christine

Posted 2011-04-09T15:49:35+0000  by Christine_HD_ATL

how do you get the over spray from teh Rust oleum Counter top kit off the walls?

Posted 2011-06-19T23:28:35+0000  by johnsomo

Welcome to our community Johnsomo! 

My name is Christine and I work in the paint department at The Home Depot in Atlanta. 

Once the counter top paint has dried the only thing that you can do is paint over it. You should spot prime the area with an oil- based paint first. Then, touch up with either latex or oil- based paint (whichever you used originally).

If you do not have the original can or do not know the name of the color, you can bring in a piece of the wall so we can do a color match. A good color match would be a 1" by 1" square.

Let us know if you need anything else!

Christine  

Posted 2011-06-22T16:10:14+0000  by Christine_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+