Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

Rustoleum - Linen

I am in the process of painting the cabinets with the Linen bond coat.  It appears to be almost pure white.  I was really looking for something creamier.  Once I apply the glaze, will that do the trick?  Do I need to move to the Quilters White color?  I have cream countertops and sinks - so the white will not work.  Thanks for your help!  I am back at it tonight!

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-10-24T13:30:50+0000  by pattyt pattyt

Good morning Pattyt!

Welcome to our on-line community! My name is Christine and I work at The Home Depot in the paint department. This product is getting more popular by the day and I'm really glad you have taken on this project. 

You are correct in thinking that the glaze will darken up the base color. Notice how different it looks below. 

Example of 'Linen'

Personally, I think you will be just fine with 'Linen'. I think its a really pretty color and will look quite nice with your cream countertops and sinks. :smileyhappy:

Let us know how it turns out! We love pictures. 

Also, if you need anything else, don't hesitate to ask.

Christine :smileyhappy:

Posted 2011-10-24T14:15:23+0000  by Christine_HD_ATL

Thank you for the quick response!  I will send some photos!

Posted 2011-10-24T14:23:31+0000  by pattyt

Looking at the color swatch you posted, my base color is much whiter than that - could that have mixed it wrong?

Posted 2011-10-27T19:58:15+0000  by pattyt

Welcome back Pattyt, 

Christine here again! It is a possibility that it was mixed incorrectly, or was not tinted at all. Sometimes things happen behind the paint desk and we (the associates) think the paint was tinted, and come to find out it was not. :smileysad: It has happened to even the most seasoned paint associates. 

There should be two cans of base coat that were tinted. Are they both the same color? It is a possibility that both cans of base coat didn't get tinted. I would recommend bringing it back to your store and have them take a look.

In either instance, bringing it back to you store for further investigation is needed. They will take care of you and make sure you are satisfied with the product. :smileyhappy:

Let me know if you need anything else!

Christine  

Posted 2011-10-31T11:54:52+0000  by Christine_HD_ATL

Hello Patty and Christine,

We will be doing our kitchen this weekend and i want a creamy off white, not pure white but more of a creamy off white. Which one is more creamy and offwhite, the Linen or the quilters white? I have 10 days to get this done and i dont want to spend most of the time in the store trying to decide between the two colors, so i am depending on you ladies to help me out. We are using the black countertops as well with stainless appliances and knobs.

How did your kitchen turn out Patty?

Posted 2011-12-06T17:10:39+0000  by MrsTad99

Hello Mrs. Tad99,

I noticed that you asked the same question in another location on the forum. Click the link to go to that answer.

Posted 2011-12-06T19:49:25+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

One of my complaints with the Rust-Oleum Transformation is not the product, it is great, but that Rust-Oleum has failed to supply actual wood color samples.  Indeed, it gives no actual sample of the end product at all! At the price point of $75 per kit, the customer is entitled to see honest to goodness representation of the end product. The printed material does not give an accurate representation. Were the price merely $20 or $30 dollars, the customer would be far more inclined to give it a try. Many Home Depot stores have taken it upon themselves to write down a kt and make a realsample for the customer to see.

Whereas this was a very foolish role out of a good product by Rust-Oleum, a subsequent call to their home office revealed that they are working upon such samples. However, they could not give a date as to completion of the new samples.

Posted 2012-01-09T06:24:56+0000  by ordjen

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+