Sign In to join the community | Help
Tools & Hardware

Ryobi 40 volt lawn mower keeps stalling

My Ryobi 40 volt lawn (that is a few days over a year old) has started stalling after about five minutes of mowing.  It starts up again but then stalls a few minutes later.  I've got a full charge on the battery and I've check that there is not a lot of grass clogging the cutter.  The grass is not very long and I've got the cutting setting on one of the higher settings.  Anyone have an idea on what else I can try.
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2017-09-15T01:16:38+0000  by gmgb gmgb

Hello gmgb.  Welcome to the Community!

My first thought is that the mower blade could be dull.  The puts a tremendous strain on the motor.  If you have not recently sharpened the blade, that is what I would do.

Your lawn mower has a 5 year limited warranty.  Aside from a dull blade, if the motor is failing you should be able to have it repaired.  I assume that this mower is for home use and not in a commercial setting. 

Chris.

Posted 2017-09-15T14:52:38+0000  by Chris_HD_CHI
Good.  I like the 5 year warranty.  I thought I was sunk after the first year.  I might be the blade as I've not had it sharpened.  I did some more mowing today with it though and noticed that it was stalling even when I was going down a sidewalk.  Oh yes, the mower is for home use.  Thank you.
Posted 2017-09-16T00:42:37+0000  by gmgb

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+