Sign In to join the community | Help
Lawn & Garden

Ryobi RY40108 electric mower won't start

Hi,

I have had my Ryobi electric mower for about a month now and all of a sudden it will not start.  I've gone through the trouble shooting steps.  I've made sure that the battery is charged up and there is nothing stopping the battery or the start key from making a good connection.  I've made sure the handle raised all the way and that the button on the side where the handle pivots is fully pressed in.  There is nothing blocking the blade or keeping it from spinning freely.  When I press that start button and pull the lever, the lights come on but nothing else happens.  I don't know what I am missing or what other steps I could take.  My start key does not have a reset button like I have heard others describe.  I've tried called the Ryobi number 800-860-4050 and we went through the trouble shooting steps and that did not help.  I am hoping to not have to take this in to a service center.  Is there anything else that I could try?

Thanks!

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2018-07-08T21:30:23+0000  by Ann1 Ann1

You might want to do a little research, but other Ryobi mower owners seem to have problems just like yours.  I don't know what Home Depot's return policy is on power equipment but you might want to just think about returning it for a replacement or a better quality product.
Posted 2018-07-09T15:18:57+0000  by Adam444

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+