Sign In to join the community | Help
Install & Replace

SYNTHETIC GRASS, PAVERS/STONE OR COLORED CONCRETE?!

Hey there

My husband and I are looking to fix our backyard. Of course, we want what's going to save us money. So can someone tell us which project is cheaper: SYNTHETIC GRASS, PAVERS/STONE, OR COLORED CONCRETE and total expenses we're looking at for that project and what materials we would need?? Thank you very much!!!
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-02-21T04:13:13+0000  by Meraz Meraz

Hello Meraz,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community!

Before we begin discussing materials, let alone pricing, we need to get more information before we can get you the right information.

• Where do you live?
  • Are you on a budget; will you need to do this project in stages so as to cover expenses?
  • What is the size of the area you'd like to cover?

Answering these three important questions above will greatly assist you in getting the right pricing and materials.

There are pros and cons to each of the options you want to do, and a lot of it simply boils down to what you are comfortable with and what you prefer as a final look. 

I would say of any of the 3 options, using colored or stained concrete would be a less laborious,  time-saving, and possibly least expensive of the others....if you are familiar with the materials.

We have some great information already on the community about staining concrete. Simply use the search box on our main community page to find out more.

If you choose pavers or stone, this would undoubtedly the most labor and possibly expensive project of the 3 if you are setting the pavers/stone over soil.

You'd need proper drainage, clearing of the soil and base sand....a lot of steps and work. However, this is very much worth it given the final look. Plus, the stones will last practically forever and look amazing.

If you went with the synthetic grass, it would be easy to install but the pricing can range from very inexpensive 'astro-turf' looking to real looking grass that is man-made. The real looking material isn't sold in-stock in our store but can be purchased through your local Home Depot's Flooring Department. 

It would be pricey but it is very easy to install.

Those are the 3 options, and depending on how you will answer those 3 questions I asked earlier will determine what to get.

Please get back with us when you can after answering those questions and we can give you a more detailed solution!

Posted 2013-02-23T19:56:25+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+