Sign In to join the community | Help
Our Workshops

September- Do-It-Herself Kitchen and Bath Tiling

Hello and Welcome!

To all you ladies out there, come on out to your local Home Depot on Thursday, September 22, 2011 from 6:30 to 8pm for our Do-It- Herself workshop on Kitchen and Bath Tiling.

• Prepare your space for tiling and develop a floor plan
  • Discover how to quickly install tile with new, easy-to-use products
  • Find out what tools and supplies you need for the job
  • Get tips on the best tools and innovative products like Simplemat
  • Learn how to set, grout and seal tile

Respond to this post with any questions you have about this workskop, or share photos of your home tiling projects.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-08-15T19:50:08+0000  by Christine_HD_ATL Christine_HD_ATL

Ask_Mr_Jay wrote:
shaqmodantay:
Hi. I've called two Home Depot stores in my area to inquire about Thursday's workshop and both insist that they only hold workshops on Saturdays.

How can I find out which stores are offering the class without calling each one in the tri-state area?

Hey there shaqmodantay,

Sorry to hear about the problems with finding this workshop; I think there may have been a bit of a miscommunication as far as which workshop was being discussed.

We normally hold most of our workshops on Saturdays, such as ones on Fire Safety or Painting.

Our Do-It-Herself Workshops are a bit special though, as we hold those on different and specific days, such as Thursday.

I would either let the store know that you are specifically looking for the Do-It-Herself class, or you can private message me with information on your local stores and I'll make sure that they have it for you : )

Hope this helps!~

Thanks for your assistance.  I finally found a store that understood what I was asking about. 

Can't wait to tile! :smileyhappy:

Posted 2011-09-22T18:05:08+0000  by shaqmodantay

Fantastic! I'm glad we could help = )

Be sure to let us know how it goes and share your newfound tile expertise with us on here after you get back!~

Posted 2011-09-22T18:14:15+0000  by Jay_HD_CHI

I LOVED IT!

I had such a wonderful time in my DIH class at the Washington, DC Home Depot Store.  Now, I'm just searching for tiling projects around the house.

My instructors Mario (who came in on his day off to teach us) and Erik were both awesome.  They had an answer for every question we asked, they took the time to explain the "Whys" and not just the "Hows" of tiling, and I was very comfortable learning from them.

I'm excited about the next class in November.  Maybe by then I will have tiled something at home.

Posted 2011-09-23T01:54:49+0000  by shaqmodantay

Good afternoon,

I attended the Do-It-Herself Workshop in Jacksonville FL and I loved it.  I had a great instructor and I was the only one and loved it even more!!!!!  I learned alot and he was so information and even guys came by and gave me pointers too while I was laying the tile and even when I was using one of the quick set.  I really feel empowered to do some tiling all by myself.  One of my goals is to do a backsplash in my kitchen.  It is white and I wanted to do something to brighten it up.

Thanks Home Depot you rock!!!!!!!!:smileyhappy: 

Posted 2011-09-24T17:33:25+0000  by jax016

I missed the class for the tiles

I just bought a house this spring time in March 2011 and in the shower portion of it, the very top where the shower/tub edging stops and then the wall begins anyways its starting to mildew and break away the area where i need to grout and put in ceramic tile along where its mildewing at...I need help can someone help me out and show me how to do this step by step

thank you

Posted 2011-12-21T20:48:41+0000  by ourJourney

Hey there ourJourney,

Welcome to the community!~ = )

Sorry to hear you missed out on the class. We would have loved to have seen you there! Don't worry though, we usually rotate out the classes month to month, and tiling is one that will always come back. This upcoming January, we have a weekly workshop for Kitchen Redesigns. While that might not be what you're looking to do at the moment, they do commonly cover backsplashes and how to install them in classes like these, making it a good time to possibly reach out to the instructor for more info on tiling. You can check with your local store and find out who is going to be teaching the class and that way you can make a valuable point of contact in your area = )

Aside from the workshops though, you are always more than welcome to post up a topic on the community here. We're here come rain or shine to answer your questions, so feel free to ask away!~

With your mildew question, you mentioned that you needed to re-grout where the tile meets the tub edging. You shouldn't have grout between two different surfaces like that, that is where a silicone caulking should be used. Not only does this help waterproof, but it helps prevent against mildew problems like this. Also, when you mention that it's "breaking away", to what would you be referring to?

If you could clarify this a bit, I'd be more than happy to try and help get you through the project = ) If you have any pictures available of the part in question, that would be even better!~

Hope to hear back from you soon and thanks again for joining us on the community.

Posted 2011-12-22T15:57:08+0000  by Jay_HD_CHI
I'm interested in Tiling - any workshops in my area - Bonita Springs, FL 34135
Posted 2012-04-16T17:10:48+0000  by mrsrose0

Hi there msrose0,

Thanks for joining our community!~

As of this moment, we don't have any upcoming tile workshops planned at our stores. Right now since the weather is nice, we're doing a lot of focus on gardening such as a Raised Garden Bed or our upcoming DIH workshop, Herb Container Gardening.

With that said, I would still recommend reaching out to your local store and let them know about your questions. Just because we don't have a workshop planned, doesn't mean that we can't help answer your questions or show you how it's done.

Also, if you have any specific questions or need to know where to get started, feel free to post on here. Just give us an idea of the area you'd like to work on, the type of tile you'd like to use and any other relevant info, and we'll be happy to help walk you through the process!~ = )

Hope this helps you out. Look forward to hearing back from you soon!~

Posted 2012-04-19T13:50:24+0000  by Jay_HD_CHI

Just want to mke sure the San Rafael CA will be doing this class

Thanks

Janine

Posted 2012-09-19T23:10:59+0000  by jzavosky

Hi there Janine,

Unfortunately this class took place in September of 2011, so we will not be holding the same workshop this year.

We do however have one coming up tonight actually! Our class is going to be teaching Kitchen Updates to everyone attending, and we will briefly touch on tiling backsplash tiles as well, so feel free to bring your questions!~

Hope to see you there = )

Posted 2012-09-20T16:43:46+0000  by Jay_HD_CHI
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+