Sign In to join the community | Help
Build & Remodel

Shaving Granite Counter Tops to Fit a New Oven

Hello.  I've put on hold purchasing a new oven as I haven't been able to find anyone (Denver area) who can shave off about 1/8" from each side of the counter top opening.  My current opening is 29 3/4" and the oven is 30".  I find it hard to believe that this is such a rare issue that no one (contractor wise) does this work.  Can anyone recommend a contractor in the area who can do this?  I'm really hesitant about buying the tools needed to do this myself.  Thanks!

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-11-18T19:53:49+0000  by MrTEL MrTEL

Hey MrTEL :smileyhappy:  Welcome to the community 

Sorry to hear about your frustration concerning the countertops situation.  Trimming off the granite is a little more difficult than most think. It requires a diamond grinder to grade the granite down to the 1/8 inch needed.  This is very precise and needs to be done by a professional - otherwise you run the risk of cracking the granite and ruining the countertops. 

RB.jpg

REDBEACON is a service that provides local contractors for you to contact.  All you have to do is give a brief description of exactly what service you are looking for and what needs to be done. You will receive 4 quotes from service providers that work right in your neighborhood within minutes.  No one will contact you.  You decide on which one is able to best meet your needs.  They are not everywhere yet, but are in the Denver area.   www. redbeacon.com

Please let us know if we can assist with anything else.

Posted 2012-11-19T15:48:28+0000  by Kevin_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+