Sign In to join the community | Help
Flooring

Should I install vinyl plank floor under kitchen cabinets, appliances or should i cut around them?

I plan to install Traffic Master Allure on a cement base floor (fairly clean). Should I install it under my gas stove? Under my refrigerator? under base cabinets? Or should i cut around these in the kitchen?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2014-02-04T03:17:42+0000  by ovos ovos

Hello ovos and thank you for joining The Community.  We are glad that you are here.

Before installing the TrafficMaster Allure, fill any large cracks or voids (over 1/8″ x 1/8″) with a cementitious patching/leveling compound.  Be sure the planks have at least 48 hours to acclimate to the kitchen before installing; ambient temperature of 65°F to 85°F is required.

You can install the appliances over the plank flooring (as long as the stove and refrigerator each sit on four legs).  The Allure is a floating floor and it can withstand 200 pounds per square inch.  The cabinets however have a box base and should not be installed over the plank flooring.  You will need to leave the expansion space (1/8 inch minimum - 1/4 inch optimum) and then add a piece of moulding or quarter round.

Best wishes on your project.

Posted 2014-02-04T14:27:32+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+