Sign In to join the community | Help
Bath & Faucets

Shower Doors

I have a standing shower that's 48in wide. What size should the door be for the shower? What's the best kind of door for that size?
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-12-20T19:47:21+0000  by Nee Nee

Hello Nee and welcome to the Community.

There are 2 basic types of shower doors, pivoting or sliding. 

I personally like the sliding or bypass door because you do not have to deal water running off of the door on to the floor. But a big problem with a 48" rough opening, a sliding door may produce other challenges because the actual entry opening will be a max. of 23".  This can be a limiting factor for a full size individual. 

So for a 48" rough opening I would choose a pivoting shower door to allow for a grater variety of body sizes. 

If you use a squeegee on the door before you exit, it will greatly reduce the amount residual water that may land on the floor.

Thank you for shopping at the Home Depot.

Charlotte

Posted 2016-12-20T20:30:26+0000  by Char_HD_CHI
Thank you for answering so promptly.
I think I prefer sliding doors. I found Delta Portman 48 in. x 70 in. Semi-Frameless Sliding Shower Door in Chrome with Rain Glass. In the description it says "2 48in glass panels" but that doesn't make sense to me. I thought they would be two glass panels that equal to 48in. Do you think this can be a typo?

Posted 2016-12-21T06:37:36+0000  by Nee

Hello Nee,

Under Specification, sub title Dimentions- It states, Walk Through Opening Width is a range of 18.28” – 22.28”. This is correct.  The range is because this door can fit into an opening width of 43-3/8” to 47-3/8”

This is a typo - (2) 48 in. frameless tempered glass panels. 

Detailed installation instructions and product specifications can be found by first left clicking on the photo of any product on HomeDepot.com, then clicking on the word “specification” which is below the product’s photo.  You will find installations instructions and user guide to the right.  These are usually PDF files.

For this shower door, under the Info & Guides Heading you will find a sub heading for specifications.  There you will find the Technical Data that illustrates the (2) Glass panels are 23-17/32” each.

Thanks for pointing out that miss print, I will work on getting that corrected.

Charlotte

Posted 2016-12-22T14:03:49+0000  by Char_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+