Sign In to join the community | Help
Bath & Faucets

Shower Head Leaks when other faucets are running

I have an enclosed shower and every time I turn the shower or bath on from the second bath, the enclosed shower head leaks?  Also, I have a leak in the enclosed shower and can't find the leak.  When I run the enclosed shower - no leak.  But.... when I turn off the water in the enclosed shower.... it leaks. 

I'm wondering if it could be a valve? 

Any help is appreciated!!

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-11-28T22:02:03+0000  by SuzyW SuzyW

Hello Suzy,

It sounds like your shower valve in enclosed shower needs to be repaired or replaced.

Reason it leaks at the shower head, when the adjacent bathroom is in use, is because they share the same supply piping.

Turn the water off at the main or, if you have one, at designated shut off valve for those two baths and remove the cartridge from the enclosed shower valve.

With most models cartridges are fairly easy to remove…

First take the handle or handles off - these are normally held in place by the small Allan set screw located on the underside of the handle. If you've got one of the older non- posi temp models, screw is located behind the hot-cold indicator plate

Next, remove the escutcheon plate and remove the cartridge…

moen.jpg

Depending on the manufacturer, cartridges are either held in place by the pin, screwed to the valve body with Philips or flat screws, or the actual cartridge screws in to the valve body.

Take the cartridge to the store and see our plumbing associate for the correct replacement …

In our stores we carry replacements for most Moen and Delta faucets, if for some reason yours is not available in stock, we can ordered it and have it shipped to your home or to the store.

Hope this helps and please don’t hesitate to post back.

George

Posted 2012-12-11T17:35:26+0000  by George_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+