Sign In to join the community | Help
Bath & Faucets

Shower lever broke off, how to find part to reattach

Can anyone identify the part that is needed to attach shower tank lever?

The handle fell off from someone turning it too hard.  

Someone suggested to wrap white plastic tape around inside of handle,

but that material scraped off. Another advised putting wire to hold it, but it also fell off.

Does home depot have an inner part to attach?

 shower_lever_IMG_0953.jpgTank Lever Image

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-12-11T19:31:15+0000  by retro retro

If you know brand(or not)  take photos and broken off part  to plumbing store in Modesto (there's 2 one on each side of '99) that's been around since plumbing was invented. Just worked on Aunt's tub. Had Harcraft that has not been around since 60's. Able to buy stem and fix her leaky faucet without ruining her wall! This is if you're either Manteca/Modesto area, otherwise find the oldest hardware/plumbing in your area.

Posted 2012-12-12T15:17:12+0000  by tryinghard

Hello Retro,


It sounds like the stem and handle are stripped. So no matter what you try it’s still not going to work.


The trim looks like it’s from the Pegasus Estates collection. But I’m not positive so I would agree with Tryinghard that the best thing to do is remove the stem and bring it to your local Home Depot or plumbing supply house and they should be able to match it up for you.


You should be able to get a new stem, handle and trim piece. So by the time you’re done rebuilding it, it will not only work great but look new too.


Let me know if you have any other questions. I would love to help.

Posted 2012-12-12T22:16:25+0000  by Christine_HD_OC
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question