Sign In to join the community | Help
Bath & Faucets

Sink troubles

We are replacing the vanity in the kids bathroom. The biggest problem right now is the sink came with a chip on the underside of the drain and thus will not form a seal to keep from leaking. Is there a quick easy way to repair the chip that will hold? (ie jb weld, plumbers putty, filing it down ect?)

On a side note the hot water connection now drips a little no matter how much I tighten it down. Not enough pipe to cut and replace compression valve. Thoughts?


Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2017-01-20T21:19:55+0000  by JC82009 JC82009
I guess you can't return the sink for one that is not damaged...  JB Weld might be a good option.  You could shape it to make the profile of the undamaged area.  I'd keep a close eye out for leaks though.  Given the amount of damage even a small leak can cause, replacing the sink might be a better idea.

If I'm understanding you correctly, the connection between the pipe and the shut-off valve is leaking?  Do you have about a 1/2" where you could slide the valve back a little further on the pipe?  If so, I'd try to replace the ferrule or just replace the entire valve.  Otherwise, open the wall a little and replace/extend the pipe.  Again, even slow leaks can cause a lot of damage over time.

Posted 2017-01-22T11:07:04+0000  by Adam444
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question