Sign In to join the community | Help
Tools & Hardware

Size/spec Air Compressor For Water Line

What size/spec do I need in air compressor to blow out a water line to the garden (120 feet)?  It appears CFM is most important but what will do the job?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-08-08T18:29:20+0000  by kpt kpt

Hello kpt and welcome to the community!


When you say water line, are you referring to underground sprinklers? 


A 5 or 6 gallon air compressor will work just fine, but the psi is determined by the manufacture of the sprinkler head, normally between 40-60 psi, but I would strongly recommend you contact the manufacture for their suggestion and follow that. 

Posted 2013-08-08T20:23:39+0000  by Angelo_HD_CHI

Thanks for the reply.  The water line to the garden ends in a faucet at that end to manually water the garden.  Does that change your recomendations?  Any specific models you suggest?

Posted 2013-08-08T22:13:53+0000  by kpt

Any compressor will work fine for your application, I was concerned if you were using a sprinkler system, those heads can break if too much pressure is run through the line. 

Posted 2013-08-09T13:09:52+0000  by Angelo_HD_CHI
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question