Sign In to join the community | Help
Doors & Windows

Sliding glass door

Im wanting to get rid of our old very outdated sliding glass back door....

How do I measure it?

Do I have to replace it with another sliding door or can I put French doors in?

When I purchase the replacement door, does the door come with all the installation tools needed to secure the door, or is all that sold separately?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-04-24T17:58:54+0000  by projecttime projecttime

Hello and welcome to the community!

This is a similar question I responded to awhile ago, see link below. You can replace a sliding with a hinged patio door, or vice versa. The measuring process is the same, you just need to bring the measurements into the store, and who knows maybe you have a standard size the store has in stock.  

http://community.homedepot.com/t5/Doors-Windows/Ho-do-you-measure-patio-door/td-p/103219

Posted 2013-05-03T16:26:49+0000  by Angelo_HD_CHI

We just purchased a Sliding Glass Door that looks Like a French Door @ Home Depot. Now we just have to figure out how to remove the old one and install the new one!

Posted 2013-05-16T19:00:01+0000  by itslisa

Hello itslisa, congratulation on your new purchase!

Most sliding patios door are anchored in the same way. The two red circles indicate in the picture below  where there should be screws and or brackets that hold the stationary panel in place, once you have removed those, the panel should come out--make sure you have someone on each side of the glass to prevent it from falling, those panels are very heavy. 

patio door.jpg

Posted 2013-05-16T19:30:06+0000  by Angelo_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+