Sign In to join the community | Help
Lawn & Garden

Soil Testing Question

I am a student at a school in Port Jefferson Station, New York currently trying to create a school garden. I am writing with a question that I could not find on the internet...
Does Home Depot (or any other store/ business) have a professional to come to locations to test soil? If so, what is the general pricing range? 
Thank you!

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-04-26T23:44:38+0000  by SchoolGardenHelp SchoolGardenHelp

I don't work for Home Depot but I would guess that they don't do onsite soil tests.  The usual procedure is to take several samples from the area you want to text, mix them together well, and then send a sample for analysis.  Your local county extension service may offer testing at their offices or can provide you with a list of certified labs.
Posted 2016-04-26T23:57:14+0000  by Adam444
Hi SchoolGardenHelp,

Most often soil tests can be conducted through your local farmers' coop, a university agriculture department, or other land and soil authorities in your state.

If you would like to learn how to test soil, you may use one of the four soil test kits included in this link.

Each kit comes with detailed instructions ... take time to prepare samples and chart your results.

You and your classmates will gain a greater understanding if you DIY.

Hope this helps,

Pat InPaint

Posted 2016-04-27T16:02:39+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+