Sign In to join the community | Help
Building Materials

Some of the rolled insulation in our attic ceiling has fallen...

Some of the rolled insulation in our attic ceiling has fallen due to the strips along the edges (where it was stapled) becoming brittle.  Restapling works for a little while then it falls again.  What can I do to get it to stay in place?  Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

OCBill3

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2014-02-06T18:23:28+0000  by OCBill3 OCBill3

Hello OCBILL3, welcome to the community.

I would suggest using a 4mil. or 6mil. plastic sheeting over the area, overlapping the edged by a stud’s width and stapling in place.  The sheeting will act as replacement vapor barrier as well as hold the existing insulation in place.PLASTIC SHEETING

Here is a link to the Owens Corning Homeowner’s guide to Insulating.  See page 15, for Cathedral Ceiling insulation installation procedures.  CATHEDRAL ATTIC CEILING

Also I have included a link to their Residential Insulation web page for home owners that provide a lot of useful information. OWENS CORNING HOMEOWNERS GUIDE

If this advises does not meet your needs, send an email with specifics so I can further pursue a solution for you.

Charlotte

___________________________________________________________________________________

I am a Home Depot associate trained and authorized to help people on the internet.

Posted 2014-04-15T15:33:46+0000  by Char_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+