Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

Sower light fixture - how to change the bulb

Hi All - does anyone know how to open this light fixture to change the bulb? I believe it's a Nutone. I don't see any screws on the exterior, and can't seem to find any latches or springs around the edge. I've googled images but just can't seem to find a match to determine the model #. Thanks in advance for the help.

[ATTACH]21357[/ATTACH]
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-11-16T20:59:48+0000  by Bob_703 Bob_703

Apparently I can t post a picture. It's a square fixture, probably from the 1960s. Plastic vent around the edge with square glass light cover. I can send a photo if someone thinks they can help.
Posted 2013-11-16T21:02:06+0000  by Bob_703

Hey Bob_703,

Thank you for your question and for joining us here on the community!

Did you try the tree icon for uploading images here? Once you are writing your post, and you click on the icon shown below, it will prompt you to upload from a file on your computer.

Screen Shot 2013-06-07 at 11.24.01 AM.png

If you tried this already and it didn't work for you, then disregard for now.

Most shower recessed light fixtures are held into the ceiling via a spring. While you can't see it from your vantage point, you should be able to take it down by forcing the trim downward.

You will need to make sure any paint isn't on the trim so that it can be uninstalled. After it's down, the trim isn't out completely, but you can now get access to the springs that can then be removed. Once that's done, you can get access to change the bulb.

We had a very similar predicament earlier this year with a circular shower light. Click on the image below so you can read how we both solved the problem of getting the fixture open.

light.jpg

This should assist you in getting the light bulb changed in your fixture. Please update us on your progress, and let us know if you have any further questions,

Joseph

Posted 2013-11-16T21:32:52+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL
I need to replace my recessed shower light cover.  The opening is 31/2 inches .  It is a threaded glass cover that is round and about one inch deep....see attached photos.
Thanks for any help you can offer. 

William 

Posted 2016-09-18T18:35:03+0000  by Willo

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+