Sign In to join the community | Help
Flooring

Spotting on Allure Flooring

Hi - I had Allure Pacific Pine flooring installed last month. I used the non-abrasive, Armstrong One and Done floor cleaner and mop. Where the floor cleaner dripped on the Allure, I have sticky spots that are noticeably glossy compared to the matte flooring. Mopping doesn't help. Any suggestions?

Floor is nice but this is a real issue
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-01-04T01:26:23+0000  by Trish727 Trish727

Hi Trish727, welcome to the community, sorry to hear about your flooring issue. I contacted the manufacture of your flooring, Halstead which stated that the problem appears to be the cleaner that was used. Not sure why that would happen. 

I contacted Armstrong Technical who stated to try their product New Beginnings, to remove any spots. I again contacted Halstead to inquire if the Armstrong New Beginnings was appropriate to use. Halstead stated this should be okay and not a problem.

Halstead stated you should use the recommended Allure Single Step product in the future. Halstead also stated if you need further assistance please contact them at 1-866-843-8453.  

Posted 2016-01-04T17:37:49+0000  by Ken_HD_OC

Hi Trish727,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community!

This is the first instance I've had anyone have a spotting issue with Armstrong Once and Done Floor Cleaner over Allure vinyl flooring....as it's supposed to work with no-wax floors as directed.

If this Allure Pacific Pine flooring is new as you stated and never had any foot traffic on it before or previously spilled liquids, I'm assuming the 'sticky spots' were spilled in concentrated form, what it sounds like. If it wasn't then I apologize for that assumption. But, you MUST use Once and Done by Armstrong per it's instructions, which is why you possibly had those spots occur.

But, in either case, try a proper dilution ratio of cleaner/water and make sure your mop you use is NOT a string type, but a sponge or high density style. This provides more accurate cleaning. 

If this still doesn't work, I recommend using the product made to clean and keep the shine on Allure flooring. It's by the same manufacturer's of Allure, and it's called Single Step.

Allure Single Step 24 oz. Satin Floor Cleaner and Polish

I would first use this cleaner as well as a soft bristle brush or pad over the affected 'sticky' spots. A little elbow grease should take of this, and then you can use your sponge mop to apply the rest of Single Step over your Allure floor. Unlike Once and Done, Single Step is ready to use without diluting it.

This should solve your dilemma, and if you have any further questions, just let us know. In fact, keep us updated if possible to see how well your new Allure floors are doing after the 2nd cleaning.

Joseph

Posted 2016-01-04T17:41:52+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+