Sign In to join the community | Help

Staining over stained wood

We want a product that we can buy to paint over painted wood, to prepare it for staining.?  Is there such a thing?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-07-03T12:57:15+0000  by llove0318 llove0318

No.  Stain is applied to bare wood only.  You'd need to completely strip the paint using a chemical stripper.



Posted 2013-07-03T14:04:43+0000  by Adam444

Welcome to our community Ilove0318,


Just to piggy back off of what Adam said, stripping off the paint will be the best way to get down to the bare wood. It can be a tedious process, depending on how many layers of paint on on the piece.


Klean- Strip Premium Stripper is a really popular stripper. You will brush on this product, let it sit and then scrape it off. You may have to apply this a few times if there are multiple layers of paint.


If you have any more questions, please let us know!


Christine :smileyhappy:

Posted 2013-07-03T14:57:58+0000  by Christine_HD_ATL
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question