Sign In to join the community | Help
Flooring

Stair Nose for Traffic Master Allure Vinyl Plank Flooring

Hi Everyone,

We are about to install 2200 sq. ft. of the Traffic Master Allure Vinyl Plank flooring in Blonde Maple. This includes a set of stairs. Does anyone have any ideas for what to use for stair nose? Ideally, I'd like to match the color and texture as closely as possible, and not have to use the metal strips.

I'm open to any/all ideas and I'm on a budget, so the more inexpensive the better!

Note: There will be unruly teenagers and boisterous small fluffy dogs running amok. So durable is the word!

Thanks!

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-07-06T18:39:08+0000  by lisabear lisabear

Hey there lisabear,

Thanks for joining our community!~

That's quite a lot of installing you've got to do! Hopefully those unruly teens will be pitching in to put it all together. = )

While the Allure has certainly proved to be quite the star as far as flooring goes, it is a bit sparse on transitions and accessory pieces, of which stair nosing is no exception.

While I can certainly understand your hesitation on the metal strips as far as a design standpoint, we also need to think of it from a functionality standpoint. My immediate suggestion is the MD Stair Edging product, as this will provide you with a great grab on the flooring, especially around unruly or fluffy things.

Aside from that, you can also opt for SCHLUTER materials as well, either the TREP or RONDEC-STEP will work out for you. Now while both of these are also metal, the TREP style does at least have a rubberized top surface. You can read more about these types in posts authored by fellow Flooring meister aboveaveragejoe, Stair nose for Traffic Master flooring & New Allure Ultra Resilient Plank Flooring.

SchluterTREP&RONDEC.png

They're available in a few different finishes as well, which will help with co-ordination to your flooring.

I know metal wasn't really your #1 choice, but this is the best way to put the Allure down on the stairs and have it be finished, safe and durable. If you're not into either of them, I might consider a different treatment for the stairs. = )

Please let us know if you have any other questions!~

Posted 2012-07-06T19:27:31+0000  by Jay_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+