Sign In to join the community | Help
Build & Remodel

Stairs

I want to know some different options and ideas for stairs and lighting in a small enclosed stairwell i'm installing going into my attic, the space was formerly my laundry room. It will continue to house my washer and dryer and have storage underneath and above built in.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2017-10-20T15:38:52+0000  by DaisyRaye DaisyRaye

Hey DaisyRaye,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community.

The very first thing you'll need to know is the size and shape of the area of where you wish to install your new stairwell. Depending on the size of the space will determine how and where you will place it.

Measure your area where you wish to place the new stairwell. Take note of where everything will be attached via the wall joists and/or studs. Beyond simply looking at the design of it, it's imperative that you'll build all parts of the stairway (landing,riser, rails, etc.) safely. 

With that in mind, after measuring and looking at your stair options, check with a licensed builder in your area who can safely install them. Same for an electrician in regards to installing new lighting in the space.

Just like the stairs, plan out where you'd like the new lighting to be installed. Choose a small 2 light fixture or similar version in LED to get the right amount of light in that area.

Let us know if you have any further questions regarding your projects.

Joseph

Posted 2017-10-23T16:33:06+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+