Sign In to join the community | Help
Appliances

Stove top burner

I have maytag electric stove.  One of the burners burns HOT HOT HOT on every setting.  I changed the elements but it was not the problem.  Any advice?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2014-02-05T22:21:21+0000  by BelindaTompkins BelindaTompkins

Hello BelindaTompkins and thank you for your question.

I have a few questions for you:

(1) Is the cookware the about the same size as the cooking surface?  Pots and pans that are smaller than the element may appear to burn hotter than expected.

(2) Is the cookware flat-bottomed?  Cookware with rounded, warped, ribbed or dented bottoms could cause uneven heating and poor cooking results.

(3) Does your model have a Speed Heat Cooking Zone?  Using this zone can be used to boil liquids faster. The lower heat option can be used for a lower temperature.

(4) Does your model have a Triple Choice Cooking Element? The single size can be used in the same way as a regular element. The dual and triple sizes combine single, dual and outer elements and are recommended for larger size cookware, large quantities of food, and home canning.

(5) Does your model have a Melt Cooking Zone?  There is flexibility in heating due to a wide range of settings between High and Melt. The High heat option can be used to boil small amounts of liquid quickly; use cookware appropriate in size for this zone.

If none of these applies to your electric stovetop, contact the Maytag Customer Care team at 1-800-688-9900.

Best wishes on your new appliance. 

Posted 2014-04-15T12:44:17+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+