Sign In to join the community | Help
Build & Remodel

Studio

I want to build a recording studio in my basement, but I have no idea how to build a recording booth or what I need to start that part of the project.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-03-09T03:24:30+0000  by moomoo moomoo

Hi there,

You first step should be determining the size of the room and the framing materials needed. Once the room is framed out everything else will take its own direction...

For example electrical ...you'll be able to clearly see where the switches, outlets and lights should be positioned.

I would advise to wire everything on at the least one dedicated breaker for this room.

Once you’re thru with the electrical you can start thinking about the insulation ….

I suggest looking into Roxul’s  Safe and Sound  product… available at The Home Depot

After the insulation is in place you can start exploring your drywall options

You’ve got three options; ½ rock, type X 5/8 rock, or a product specifically designed for soundproofing called Quiet Rock.

The choice is yours ... I think you’ll find that you’ll get the most return FYM by going with the type X 5/8 board.

With drywall installed you’ll need to start looking in to the ceiling options…

My choice would be a drop ceiling here with 5/8 drywall cut up into pieces instead of the ceiling tile…

This should get you started.:)

If you’re interested in proceeding, post back and I’ll be sure to get back to you shortly.

George

Posted 2013-03-12T14:15:10+0000  by George_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+