Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

Switching from CFL to incandescent

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan in my bedroom that I love, except for one thing. It's takes compact flourescent bulbs. The pole end type. I loathe CFL's and didn't know it was that type of fixture until I had it installed by my electrician.

I need to know if I can order just a light part of the fixture to switch out with the one I have. It should be an easy fix but I can't find what I need.

I need a standard incandescent 3 or 4 lamp downward facing attachment with the bronze finish and a craftsmen style lamp shade.

My only other alternative is to completely refit the one I have to the technology I desire. And frankly, I don't want to.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-06-20T16:36:52+0000  by TaraNoland TaraNoland

Hey TaraNoland,


Welcome to the community!


Do you have the SKU number or model number of your Hampton Bay ceiling fan? Because this way, I can tell you if the light kit can be changed for a bulb that you like. Without this information, we unfortunately can't assist you further.


Call the Hampton Bay hotline number below after get the number from your fan. It can be obtained from the top of the motor housing on a sticker. In most cases, you don't have to take the fan down at all to view it.



Call Hampton Bay or let us know what type of fan you have so we can assist you further.



Posted 2013-06-22T20:54:05+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question