Sign In to join the community | Help
Install & Replace

TV Mount on High Strength Steel Studs

I believe that I have high strength steel studs and would like to mount an articulating TV mount. How can I do this safely and securely?
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2018-09-02T15:33:57+0000  by Newb Newb
Ideally you’d want some wood blocking between those studs but that isn’t an option for you now.  For attaching anything to steel studs you use a Teks screw, which is a brand name of self tapping screws.  Go with a #10 or #12 at least 1 1/2” long.  Depending on the size of the holes in the TV mount, you may need to add some washers.
Posted 2018-09-03T01:11:06+0000  by Adam444
Hi Newb,

Another option is Wing Its, these are high strength expanding wall anchors that will hold up to 300 pounds! I used them to mount my TV and they work fine. The advantage is you do not need a stud. Wing Its hold the weight via a hole in the drywall. They are large and expect to drill a large hole, however they work well and make mounting a large TV a breeze.

    Wing Its Expanding Wall Anchor

Posted 2018-09-06T22:22:29+0000  by Mike_HD_OC
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question