Sign In to join the community | Help
Lumber & Composites

Answered

TV Stand for 236 lb. TV

Stands for these are ridiculously expensive.  Do you have a simple plan for building one?  I need a Home Depot shopping list!  

The TV specs are:

38 3/8''W x 29 3/4''H x 25''D, 236 lbs.

The original stand specs are (I think):

57.875"W x 16.25"H x 19.325"D, 83 lbs.

Thanks in advance.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-12-30T00:52:46+0000  by bombria bombria

Howdy Bombria,

It sounds like you've done what alot of people do and are going to do it yourself. For starters I hope you have some power tools, a bit of skill, and lot's of patience. So let's get started.

I've noticed many of the sleek and expensive TV stands are about the same width of the TV's so I've adjusted the dimensions. If you want the larger stand, simply add the 19inches to the width.

Here is the list of what you'll need;

1 sheet 4X8 foot paint grade plywood Oak,Birch, Maple, or whatever fits your taste and budget.

3 4X4 inch lumber of the smoothest piecest you can find.

1 package of different grit sand paper.

1 can of varathane to coat (or paint if you like)

1 box of drywall screws.

18 or more corner braces to make your stand sturdy. I like the brass ones for a more decorative look.

TVStand.jpg

Ok Bombria this plan is rock solid, and I've even put some angles on the front supporting lumber to give you sleek look.

Before you paint make sure to sand all rough edges to make it look custom and finished. Painting it black or adding some doors might be what your looking for. 

Remember, this is just a frame, you could; add doors, under mounted lighting, moulding, or even a different outer shell.

The limits are your imagination, skill, and time. I hope this turns out great and you post some photos of your project.

Happy Building,

Best Answer

Posted 2011-12-30T03:10:49+0000  by Dave_HD_OC

Thank you very much!

Posted 2011-12-30T03:15:41+0000  by bombria

That looks really cool. Please post some pictures when you are done building. I would love to see it. I am interested. 

Posted 2011-12-31T20:15:51+0000  by wkilpatrick

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+