Sign In to join the community | Help
Project Ideas: Fun & Games

Tailgating Just Got Better with the “Super-Bowling” Game

Howdy Sportsfans,

If you’ve ever gone to a big sporting event you’ve no doubt seen family and friends having fun in the parking lot. This great American past time which is known as “tail-gating”, is rich with traditions such as bar-b-queuing, eating, drinking, and playing party games. Well the fun just got better because were about to show you how to make your own “Super-Bowling” game. So let’s get started.

WHAT YOU NEED FOR THIS JOB:

Tools

Materials

Paint brush

Drill w/bits

Saw

Gorilla Glue

4x4 douglas fir lumber

½ inch half sheet plywood

Paint  (white, black, and red)

10 Machine screws 8/32x 1”

1 5/8 drywall screws

4 cloth gloves

All purpose rock

Zip ties

The first step is to cut out your wood to the specs above. I drew the first pin by hand, cut it out, and used it as a template for the remaining 4 pins. Then I used one of the pins to trace about 2/3 of the pin to make two that had a flat bottom. (these are the supports). Now cut your 4x4 piece of lumber to 37 inches long.

Paint all the pieces with paint. I used some old paint that I had as my primer.  When it dry’s we add color and details. 

Now comes the fun part of putting it all together. Start by drilling out the holes on the bowling pins. You can use the hinges to help you drill out the pins in the correct spot.

It’s time to make our bean bags. I used four cloth gloves and glued the fingers inside out. Then I filled them with all-purpose rock. (I rinsed the rock to take off the dust). To finish our bean bags I used a zip tie to keep them closed.

Now it’s time to have fun with your very own “Super Bowling Game”. The object of this game is to knock as many pins over with your bean bags. Perfect for any tail-gating fun. Enjoy!

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2015-08-25T02:01:22+0000  by Dave_HD_OC Dave_HD_OC

Topic
Categories+