Sign In to join the community | Help
Lawn & Garden

Taming Fall Leaves

Fall is upon us and along with the cooler weather comes the onslaught of leaves onto our lawns and gardens. This task of handling all of those leaves is made simple with the use of a Blower-Vac.

Echo Blower-Vac.jpg  ultra toro.jpg

These blowers are quite capable of moving the leaves and many of them are convertible to become a vacuum- shredder. Shredding the leaves reduces the volume of the leaves while placing the leaf mulch into a reusable bag that is connected to the blower. Simply unzip the canvas bag to empty.

Here’s an example of this reduction in volume:

If you were to rake your leaves onto a tarp and bag those leaves, for every sixteen (16) bags that you fill this way, those sixteen bags could fit into one (1) bag if you shredded them through your Blower-Vac. Yes, most blower vacs can reduce leaf volume by 16 to 1.

Available in gas or electric models, a Blower-Vac makes yard work a breeze. 

Think of me while you are sitting back, admiring your clean lawn this Fall.

LawnRanger

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-10-23T15:04:38+0000  by Travis_HD_ATL Travis_HD_ATL

The LawnRanger is right on!

I own the Toro Ultra-Vac Blower Mulcher and I love it.  The has a steel impeller that shreds the dry leaves and small branches.  I use vacuum feature in place of blowing the leaves into a pile.  Since the Toro Ultra Blower Vac has a steel impeller, I do not have to worry about picking up small stones and damaging my impeller.

This powerful unit will take a 4 cubic foot pile of leaves and mulch them down 16 to1, allowing you to put that large pile of leaves into a five gallon bucket, perfect for your compost pile or just taking up less space in your green waste recycling container.

The Echo Blower Vac is also a great unit for those of you who have a larger piece of property and using an electrical cord is not practical.  This two cycle unit packs a real punch when it comes to grinding up that large area of dry leaves.  Yes dry leaves.  A leaf mulcher will not work well in a damp/wet environment.  Take a look at my video!

Posted 2012-10-23T18:03:29+0000  by Rick_HD_OC

My neighbord has one of these and I never realized that they had a shredder in them. How neat! Might have to try his out to decide if it can handle the amount of leaves in my yard! 

Posted 2012-10-25T20:43:39+0000  by roxannenichols

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+