Sign In to join the community | Help
Build & Remodel

Temporary Wall (Turning a Loft into a bedroom)

We have a loft with 3 walls currently and we are trying to figure out a wall to build wall on the open area of our room to enclose the space. Nothing Fancy and something that can be taken down since we are renters. Were not worried about insulating the wall since its inside the house. And it would need to be sturdy but nothing crazy. I have done my research and I guess you could call it a temporary wall. How do I build one?? And how cost effective is it?? And how long will it take??

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-04-03T05:00:49+0000  by LoeraFamily LoeraFamily

Greetings LoeraFamily,

Welcome to our community! My name is Tom, also known here as HD116 and creating privacy is one area that I have some experience with. I recently did a post on building a room divider that I think will be of some interest. This is a project that can be done in a weekend (as the paint has to dry before handling) and is an affordable alternative to actually constructing a temporary wall. Best of all, it is freestanding, there are no holes in walls, and you can take it with you and use it in the future! The divider below was one of the projects featured in our 2012 Spring Style Guide at Home Depot.

rd.jpg

The style I describe in my post can be a bi-fold, tri-fold, or even have four or more sections as does the one pictured above. You can use two sets to fill a very large space, and can repaint as styles or colors change. Best of all it is a great family project. Click here to get step by step instructions.

I hope that helps you and perhaps other community members have some ideas to share as well.

Posted 2012-04-03T15:23:51+0000  by HD116

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+