Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

The circular light on my Hampton Bay ceiling fan will not turn on.

Heard a popping sound when turning on, replaced bulb but it still doesn't light. Is there a ballast that needs to be replaced?
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2014-01-24T21:50:09+0000  by Duke369 Duke369

Hi Duke369,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community!

If the replaced bulb went out on your Hampton Bay ceiling fan, I agree the culprit to it not working is likely the ballast.

I don't know what fan you have, but I know our Windward series fans have/had circline fluorescent bulbs in them.

Windward IV 52 in. Indoor Brushed Nickel Energy Star Ceiling FanWindward IV 52 in. White Energy Star Ceiling FanWindward IV 52 in. Red Ceiling Fan

However, if does have a remote with it, it could also be the receiver inside the fan. To get the right replacement for your fan, contact Hampton Bay directly at the number below so you can get replacement parts easier.

1011_15_HamptonBay_CustServ_.jpg

You'll first need to know what model number/SKU/UPC of the fan is first. It is located on the top of your fan's motor housing.

You don't necessarily need to take the fan down, but you can read it using a ladder and pocket mirror to read off the numbers.

Let me know if you have any further questions. As always, keep us updated on your status with getting a replacement part for your fan.

Cheers,

Joseph

Posted 2014-01-25T19:46:54+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+